Sunday 4 September 2011

"So What Have You Done Lately?"

I hear you saying.  It's all very well slagging off other people's work, but what have you done?  So, to prove I'm not a critic (as if you couldn't guess that already) I'll occasionally stick in a piece of my work.  Not because I'm claiming any particular merit for it, but just to prove, in the words of Archie Rice, that "I have a go Missus, I have a go!"




This is an imagined view of the Sussex Ouse valley seen from the sea and a thousand feet up, with Newhaven in the foreground and the inland "Cliff" of Lewes upstream.  It's the third version of this subject I've painted, and interested me because it was the first large painting I'd made using acrylics.  I normally use (and much prefer) oils.  So I do have a go - and I'll post some more later.

(Article first published on 14/10/2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment